Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Words That Build

A priest said in his homily, "Words lose their meaning if they are not born out of silence."  Often we neglect the value of contemplation.  To set aside time to reflect and consult our thoughts to the Lord is very important amidst the busy world we live in today.  We have heard of the saying, "Silent waters run deep."

Some things to think about before speaking our minds:
1. Do my words add value to the other person?
2. Is it necessary for me to give my opinion?
3. Have I prayed about this statement I will make?
4. Am I reacting recklessly without understanding the situation?


If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal (1 Cor.13:1).

The words that come from our mouths should be able to build up, not destroy.  We have to speak in the language of love.  Just as the tongue is destructive, it can also be very upbuilding.  Words that build have a deep foundation.  The foundation of love.

Let us honor others as often as we can and be generous in praise.  Let our words be music to the ears of God and men.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan