Sunday, July 4, 2010

Songwriting Tip #7: It's Okay To Have the Same Chord Pattern

Many songwriters are worried that their new song has the same Chord pattern as the previous one. In my experience, it doesn't matter. Most of my songs are in the E-B-F#m-A chord pattern. But each song still sounds unique. What is more important is that we are able to make songs for the Lord.
If you are just a simple musician like me, who just knows the basic guitar and piano chords, you can ask an expert to improve the chords. I ask my friends Fredney and Mike to arrange the songs to make them sound better and distinctive. Suddenly I see "broken chords" and "sus" chords, because of their help.
If your goal is to let more people easily learn the songs you make, then simple chords are better. Also, having the same chord patterns make it easy for you to transition from one song to the next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan