Monday, July 12, 2010

Sowing Friendships and Nurturing Trust

I'm back! Yeah, back to my hobby of growing vegetables and herbs, particularly lettuce and mint. It never ceases to amaze me how such small seeds, with the right nurturing, grow into something so useful. Everyday, I watch their development, noting each leaf that comes out day by day. It fills my heart to see them grow, anticipating the day of harvest.

In bringing people to God, many of us expect a harvest without sowing the seeds and nurturing them along the way. We expect that once we invite people to join community, they will readily accept our invitation. In 1995, I joined CFC Youth For Christ because a good friend invited me. This friend, sowed good friendship and nurtured trust. When I was invited to join the entry camp, I easily said 'yes.'

We desire to bring many people closer to God, but we need to be good workers in the Lord's vineyard. Let us not be content that only the announcement streamers and flyers will do the evangelization work for us. We need programs and initiatives that will give us the opportunity to sow friendships and nurture trust. Through this, relationships will grow and in time we will gather a great harvest of renewed people in the Lord. And some seed fell on good soil, and when it grew, it produced fruit a hundredfold (Luke 8:8).

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan