Thursday, October 21, 2010

Remembering Dad

My dad, Samuel "Sammy" Green Llaban Sr., with my son Sev who was then 6 months old. I took this candid shot in the sala in our home in Cebu. It's his birthday today. He would have been 75 years old. I truly miss him.

What I miss most about him is the life he brings upon the dining table, specially during Sunday. He would crack jokes with sound effects and full action. Then the rest of us would then share our own jokes over Mom's unbeatable spaghetti and turbo broiled chicken. We would laugh for a full hour, whether corny or funny.

Dad would always be the emcee in parties, specially in the Rotary Club functions. Dad also had this particular love for the Security Committee in both villages where we resided in Davao and Cebu. He was also fond of backyard vegetable gardening and chicken raising. These little things mean a great deal to me. He was my greatest influencer. He was a true leader, a man of integrity and a dedicated servant.

I honor and love you Dad. Have a great party with all the saints, angels, friends, relatives and with our Lord Jesus.

2 comments:

maymay balatayo said...

Aaaawww. Happy Birthday Tito Sammy.

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing him tending to his garden in your Rivera home. Happy Birthday Tito! Watch over Kirby's family always.

-Beatriz (wa man koy profile oi!:D)

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan