Thursday, May 5, 2011

One Year of Blogging

May 3, 2011


My blog is 1 year old today. I find great joy in writing for the Lord. Literary was never one of my strong suits, but the call to share God to others gave me the courage to write.

I was just trying to discover a way where I can do mission online. I wanted to reach whom I physically couldn't. I checked my stats for a year of blogging, and here's the result:



I had 9,100 visits from 5,226 unique visitors from 110 countries. These visitors viewed 16,254 pages of the blog.  Thank you God for using this simple tool on the internet to share your Word.

Blogging has taught me:


To Yield. Writing a reflection allows me to let go and yield to God's word.  Dictionary.com defines yield as to give up, as to superior power or authority. Through writing,  I am able to surrender to Him and overcome the human tendency to hold back, control, and be independent. With God, we can only yield for His power to manifest in our lives.

To be Bold. One of my weaknesses is to be hesitant for fear of judgment. But what I realized is that God gives us a spirit of boldness through His power and not a spirit of timidity. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7).  And so I dare explore cyberspace, knowing there are millions of souls there seeking God in their lives. And if by being bold, I am able to bring one person to Christ, then it would have been all worth it.

To Reach out. The act of reaching out requires straining ourselves so that others may be victorious in Christ. Like a runner about to cross the finish line. Writing takes time and energy. Above the daily work loads, there seems to be no time to blog. But it is exactly why it is a form of service, because of the element of sacrifice. Reaching out also means to reach in to myself first (prayer and reflection) so I can reach out to others.

Thank you Lord for the giving me the grace to yield, to be bold, and to reach out. A year of blogging all for Your glory, all for Your Word.

1 comments:

berenice said...

happy 1st birthday, GIEFM! :)

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan