Sunday, May 15, 2011

God Looks Upon Us With Favor

I just got to Vancouver and went straight for a two-hour drive to Whistler for the CFC Conference. My Visa was delivered just hours before my trip.  I almost didn't make it to the weekend's activity. Praise God, with all the prayers I got my visa just in the nick of time.  The visa processing usually takes about 3 weeks but it got done in a week and a half.

How many times have we experienced God's favor upon us?  For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5).  God looks upon us with favor. We are His children and God as our Father is a perfect father.  When we pray fervently, God answers us often in ways we do not expect, for he knows what is perfect for us.  Our imagination of an answered prayer is often different from what God intends. God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding (Job 37:5).

If God favors us, what should we avoid doing? We should avoid having tantrums before the Lord. "How long will this wicked community grumble against me? I have heard the complaints of these grumbling Israelites (Numbers 14:27)."   I have a 3 year old son, Sev, who occassionally goes into his tantrums.  He likes to each chocolates, lots of it. We give him one or two, but at times he wants more. So when we say no, he cries and cries demanding that he should have more. As parents, knowing that too much would be bad for him, we stand firm with our no.  Just like the favors we ask from God, we cannot go into tantrums, for we fully know that He will give what is best for us at the right time.

What then should we do, if indeed God favors us? Be joyful in hope, patient in trouble, and persistent in prayer (Romans 12:12)." The Lord hears us His children, but our posture should be joyful, patient, and persistent.  I believe I got that visa at the last moment because God wanted me to put my trust in Him that He will grant was is best for me.  Our Lord looks upon us with favor. In other words, we are all His favorite.  May we pray to God in complete abandonment to His holy and mighty will. Amen. 
 
“Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him! (Luke 11:11-13).”

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan