Friday, October 14, 2011

Mission-Ready!

I just came from a meeting with people whose hearts are on fire for the work of global mission! I couldn't help but be set ablaze in love for God. The Holy Spirit dwells in the praise of God's people and pours upon those who truly seek and desire His gifts for empowerment.

These are the qualities I noticed of Mission-Ready people:

1. A great desire to do God's will.
Setting up the mission is not easy. Along comes many challenges, but the desire for mission always lets us see beyond a seemingly hopeless situation. To be on mission is the command Jesus gave in His great commission. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations (Mt 28:19).

2. The humility that God will use them powerfully. 
Mission-Ready people know that victory is the Lord's and that God just needs their yes for Him to work His marvelous deeds. We feel unnecessary pressure if we are too reliant on our abilities or backgrounds. Genuine confidence comes from the realization that we are merely God's instruments to do His holy will.

3. Infects others to do mission.
One thing about mission-ready people is that they are very contagious. People can't help but be drawn to be part of the mission they are passionately talking about. When we form teams for mission, many of those who come are influenced by the team leader.


4. Willingness to Sacrifice.
They set aside personal resources to make the mission possible. They also use up their limited leave of absences to do mission. There will be discomforts in mission and a lack of rest. But it is the sacrifice that makes our offering pleasing to God.

Being Mission Ready sets us up to receive God's providence. How can we receive His blessings if we are not ready as a vessel to be filled? Readiness is very impotant since God opens up divine opportunities or kairos, and we have to seize the moment or we will lose the chance to be used fully by the Lord and experience His awesome power.

Let us be like Abraham when God called Him, he immediately responded, "Ready!" (Gen 22:1)

4 comments:

Xyrah said...

Kuya. I thank God for you. I always read your posts. They're very inspiring and it reminds me that my life with God is truly amazing. I'm in an area now na wala pang CFC community, total change because I was a YFC mission volunteer before I went here. I always miss the households back at my mission area. I prayed to God to have one here. Your blog posts are blessings to me talaga. I really feel God's presence when I'm reading them. I know I am still growing in the Lord. Thank you po. Praise God.

Kirby said...

Hi Xyra! Praise God. Where are you based? I can endorse you. There might be a community there. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Dito po kami sa Texas Kuya. Malayo nga lang kami sa city. Sbi nila sa Dallas, San antonio tska houston ung merong community. Sana nga po mka serve pa rin ako kahit dito.

Xyrah said...

Dito po kami sa Texas Kuya. Malayo nga lang kami sa city. Sbi nila sa Dallas, San antonio tska houston ung merong community. Sana nga po mka serve pa rin ako kahit dito.

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan