Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Perspective on Generosity

A perspective on generosity from my household head: "Generosity is about losing the fear that we will be in want."  The reason why people don't give is that they fear that they will not have enough.  Yet, the Psalmist exhorts us in Psalm 23, "The Lord is my shepherd, there is nothing i shall want." And further he says, "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters..."  Tithing leads us to lose this fear, for we know that God will take care of us.  I've heard of endless stories of people who tithe faithfully and have been blessed abundantly.

When we are generous, our love for money is lessened and our love for God is magnified.  Let us give even if it is difficult at first, and let us continue to give until the fear of uncertainty is gone.


0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan