Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sharing the Blessing of Education

Last Sunday, my 4-year old son Sev graduated from Senior Nursery.  After receiving the certificate, he went up front and took a bow. Seeing my son go through the commencement exercises filled me with much joy and hope for the future. Moments like this makes the many sacrifices all worth it.  The right to education is very important and I'm happy that in our simple way of life, we were able to provide for our son. Yes, this is just the first of many years of tuition fees and project expenses, but we are grateful that we made it through the first one. Truly the Lord is faithful.

The plight of many Filipino families living in poverty tends to make education a privilege rather than a right.  Although I am happy that my son finished his initial year, it is also sad to imagine the thousands of 4 year-olds not having the same opportunity. Maybe one can start to ask the difficult questions.

What am I doing to provide the poor with the same opportunities that I have?

How has my education helped the poor?

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." John 13:34

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan