Sunday, January 2, 2011

Of Friendship and Bravery

Four brave men who do not know each other will not dare to attack a lion.  Four less brave, but knowing each other well, sure of their reliability and consequently of mutual aid, will attack resolutely.  There is the science of the organization of armies in a nutshell. (Colonel Charles Ardant Du Picq, 1821-70)

Facing the new year ahead, there will surely be great challenges.  Some problem encounters, as fearsome as lions. But these challenges, no matter the size, will be won with true friends by our side. We will become brave because, Jesus, our true and faithful friend, is with us.  He surrounds us with people, our friends, who will help fight our battles.

I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you (John 15:15).


So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10).

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan