Friday, December 31, 2010

Serving God in 2011

2010 was rough and tough, but abundant in grace.  A year of great challenges, fulfilled dreams, and wonderful friendships. I thank the KFC family, who showed me how it is to Dream Big and to make big dreams real.  Yes, we are out to change the world for Christ, and with Him nothing is impossible.  The Island Kids Villages and the 13th IKV in Singapore will forever be testimonies of the great faith we share in the Lord and how our brotherhood can conquer impossible feats.  To the KFC fulltimers, thank you for sharing your love with my wife and kids. Sev never fails to include your names in his prayers. We will, forever be, FAMILY! Thank you for 3 Spirit-filled years in the service with the Lord.

My 2010 journey has taught me a lot. Allow me to share a summary of lessons I learned from the year that was:
Value your faith, family, and friends.  Many things may change in our lives, but these 3 F's, we have to treasure and guard well.  For if we lose them, we may have lost our whole life.
Do not be afraid to dream. Our goals do not hold meaning if they are not faith goals.  Our goals, offered to God, is one of the best ways to honor Him.  At the end of the day, we only hope that our dreams will coincide with God's dreams for us.  But He always, always has a better plan for our lives.
Peace will be given to those who seek it. The path to peace, specially in discernment, is a rough road.  Prayer, patience, persistence, and sacrifice will help us along the way.

2011 for me will be about "serving God with humility, passion, and excellence." Taking on a new service in the International Missions, meeting new people, and learning new ways will once again bring me to a point of "nothingness." Once more I will be a student, learning from my predecessors, making some mistakes, and challenging myself to do better at each time.  Once again, I am brought on my knees in prayer, submitting to God in full dependence. For I yet not know what lies ahead and it is up to Him to bless me with His wisdom.

Have a blessed new year everyone.  May God reign in all our plans and actions.


So whoever is in Christ is a new creation: the old things have passed away; behold, new things have come (2 Cor. 5:17)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year! praying for another year of abundant blessings for u and ur family. hope to see u guys here in ur new service.
Eleanor and Jong

Kirby said...

God bless you El and Jong! Happy New year
Kirby

Anonymous said...

Pre, congratulations, God is so pleased with all your endeavors and decisions in life. We always look up to you. God bless you always. Looking forward to see you here and continue the good times. Happy New year!!

Fred and Chrissy

Kirby said...

Time to turn the page of a new chapter in our lives. May God bless your life there in Australia. The good times are already ingrained in a special place in our memories. Surely, there will be better times ahead and the best of times with our Lord. Happy New year Fredney and Chrissy!

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan