Tuesday, March 29, 2011

No Boring Day With The Lord

While in Papua New Guinea, I was told that "Good Night" meant good evening.  So, when we started off our meeting at 7pm, I had to say good night to everyone.  

This is just one of the things I had to get used to while being away from the Philippines.  I had to get used to the time difference in Papua New Guinea, Australia, and New Zealand. I had to endlessly get used to the right hand drive set up. I had to adjust to using Kina or Australian dollar instead of Peso (always multiplying in my head).  And just when I got used to the changes, it was time for me to head back home for the Philippines.

When I look back at those adjustments I had to make, it was both fun and exciting for me.  You'd find me laughing every time I made a mistake in opening the wrong car door or taking time to pay because I had to find out how much in Peso am I spending my lunch on.  It was exciting because it was not routine, it was a disruption of what I was comfortable doing everyday. 

The Lord wants us to live an exciting life.  He wants to disrupt our routine.  One day he tells Peter, James, and John:

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men (Mt. 4:19)."

Surely, their fishing routine was changed.  When we serve the Lord, no two days will be the same. Our days will be filled with endless possibilities.  Who will I bring closer to God today?  Who shall I pray for?  Lord, where are you sending me today?  What are you telling me through Today's Gospel?  These questions will help us live a boring-free life. 

The things that God asks us to do may not always be something we are used to doing.  It may not fall within our areas of strength.  We might even find ourselves laughing at some bloopers of our attempts in evangelizing others.  But at the end of the day, we are excited because it was out of the ordinary, out of our routine.  There is no boring day with the Lord.

Lord, we know that you have a specific mission for all of us.  And in this mission, help us to see every discomfort as an opportunity to live a more exciting life with You. Amen.




0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan