Friday, January 13, 2012

Growing Spiritually

A priest explained in his homily, "If you know it is sin, and you still deliberately commit it, then you have not gone beyond Grade 1 in your spirituality." The challenge was strong and even shocking, but true.  How can we grow in our spirituality if we lack the discipline and self control to resist temptation?

God is a forgiving god and He loves us immensely. He will always forgive our sins. But I think we should not abuse His kindness, for if we do, it will be to our detriment. We reflect on the Act of Contrition:

O my God,
I am heartily sorry for
having offended Thee,
and I detest all my sins,
because I dread the loss of heaven,
and the pains of hell;
but most of all because
they offend Thee, my God,
Who are all good and
deserving of all my love.
I firmly resolve,
with the help of Thy grace,
to confess my sins,
to do penance,
and to amend my life.
Amen.

I have a long way to go Oh Lord, give me strength to overcome. Help me to amend my life so I may glorify you  in my thoughts and deeds. Allow me to grow in knowing You and loving You. Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan