Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Unleash Your Great Potential

"...I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly (John 10:10)."


A good friend shared to me a visual. She told me that what if she died and the words engraved on her tomb stone said, "She had great potential."

I imagined this myself and I realized that truly I still have more to give. I still have great potential.  But what are the things that hinder us from embracing our full potential? How can we unleash this great potential of ours? I can think of three.

1. Dream big.  In all we do, whether business, school, or service, we are only limited by the size of our dreams.  If you think your dream is big, God's dream for you is a hundred times bigger.  Dreaming big honors God because we are making the best out of life. There is nothing impossible with God.

2. Desire.  If you have the passion, then great things will happen. John Maxwell said, "A person with passion will always surpass a person with skill."  What is it that drives us to wake up in the morning?  What is our heart's desire. Does our desire honor God?  Be passionate and see how your day turns to your favor.

3. Discipline.  Stephen Covey would describe discipline as something that will get vision and passion to actual realization.  Discipline is our Physical Quotient.  If we look closer, we can derive the word disciple from discipline.  Discipline is our weapon against laziness.

Dreaming big, having desire, and discipline will unleash our God-given potential. Seize the day! Live the best life! 

The glory of God is man fully alive! (St. Irenaeus)

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan