Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Divine Love on Valentine's Day

Three events that made me think and reflect.  My birthday, the feast of our Lady of Lourdes (same day as my birthday), and Valentine's day. One is about birth, another about a Mother, and the last one about love.

Everybody has a birthday. That one time in the year that we look upon our lives, celebrate, and try to become better as we get older. As I did my resolutions, I looked upon Mother Mary, a model of a true disciple. Someone whose life and virtues are worth emulating.  And as I am writing this reflection, it's Valentine's day. A day which people go out of their way and prepare something to show love for the special people in their lives. Flowers, particularly roses, are usual expressions of love during this day and something I gave to my dear wife Michelle.  Roses too are very related to Mother Mary, as evident by the "rose"-sary (rosary).

The gifts of Birth, Mary our Mother, and Love.  These three remind me of the goodness of God in our lives.  A friend shared to me, "The most basic of all truths is that God is good." He is so good to give us life, a Mother who is always there, and Love exemplified through Christ.  May the roses this Valentine's day remind us not only of the romantic love for a special person, but also of the divine love of Mary our Mother.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan