Saturday, June 16, 2012

Love is the hallmark of Christianity

I just witnessed one of my very good friends, Butch Alcudia, accept his first vows as a LaSallian brother. It was a touching scene and I'm privileged to see how the Brothers love one another. One can't help but admire their brotherhood and be attracted to their charism.

"Love one another as I have loved you, by these all will know that you're my disciples." (John 13:34)

Love is the hallmark of Christianity. If we truly want to be Christ's disciples, then the living out and expression of love should be first. We might worry much about organizing our groups and pushing our programs, and forget that we are here to love one another. Our structures and activities are all about love. We are to "organize love."

I congratulate my friend Butch for embracing God's call to love. He will be loving more people along the way, may it be the students that will be under his mentoring or the simple daily encounters. May we too, see the things that we do and the people we work with through eyes that love.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan