Friday, June 1, 2012

"Weather Weather Faith"

I am on my way to Basco, Batanes for a mission trip. It's at the northern tip of the Philippines. It will be my first time to go there and they say that the flight schedules can change a lot depending on the weather. My original schedule was to depart at 6am and now I'm flying at 8am.

How is our faith? Is it like Batanes weather, so easy to change? In Filipino colloquial dialect we say, "Wheather weather lang." It implies that our faith depends on the circumstance. It depends "whether" we are in a difficult situation or not. Peter, the Rock, also encountered this situation. During Jesus' arrest and height of accusations, the crowd recognized him and said ""You are not one of his disciples, are you?" He (Peter) denied it and said, "I am not(John 18:25)."" And yet, Peter, in his humility and admittance of sin was restored back to Christ and even become the Lord's vicar.

Let us ask for forgiveness if our faith is a "weather weather faith." Let us restore our faith in Christ and honor His faith in us. Then, like Peter, we ask the Lord to strengthen our faith like a rock, immovable and constant.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan