Friday, June 15, 2012

You're Awesome Lord!

About 3 weeks ago in a park, I took a snapshot of this awesome cloud formation. When my son saw it, he exclaimed, "Look Dad, it's Jesus!" I was so taken by the sight, it made me thank God for letting me see something beautiful, even for a moment.

When was the last time that you were awed at something? Is everything too familiar already? When familiarity sets in, the spark gets lost. After some time what we used to hold dear, we already take for granted. It may be the beauty of our spouses, the care of our parents, the concern of a best friend, good food on the table, decent education, or your livelihood. I read in a book that "God hides things from us by putting them near to us."

Let us not look far. If only we can see the things and people around as how God sees it, then we will be living in awe. If you notice how toddlers view the world around them, they are unceasingly fascinated, curious, and full of joy.

By the way in the park, it was only my son and I who were admiring the cloud formation in awe. The rest didn't even notice it or care about it.

Let us look again to the blessings that we take for granted and say, "That's awesome!" or "She's awesome!" Most of all, we look at Jesus once again, with His familiar face and exclaim, "You're awesome Lord!"






Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan