Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Background Story of "I Give My All"

The song 'I give my all' was written very early in the morning at around 6am. We had a two-day training for the Youth for Christ High School program in Antipolo back in 2003. Mike and I woke up really early to have our individual prayertimes, then after we got together to finish the song. Mike came up with the Chords and the leading of the theme, I just wrote away the lyrics.

The song is about surrendering to God everything. It's about being honest before God, and telling Him, to 'take me as I am.' It's acknowledging that the Lord gave His life, His all, although we are unworthy. The posture of 'giving all' is a posture of offering to God our worries, our hurts, our joys, and our future.

Lyrics and Chords

2 comments:

Marj Duterte said...

i really like that song kirby. thanks to you and mike for writing it. thanks to God for using you to bless the world with His music and great love.

maymay balatayo said...

one of my favorite worship songs. very personal. :)

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan