Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pressing On

We had recently concluded a big event in the Kids For Christ ministry. It was very successful, but the victory wasn't easily won. During the preparation period, many of my fellow missionaries had oppressions. One had her house ransacked while she was away on mission and the thief got a lot of valuables amounting to a huge sum of money. Another was held up in a jeep, costing her cellphone. Another had his cellphone stolen in the bus and the next month it was his laptop that was stolen in his own home. But despite these, they pressed on with their mission and faithfully delivered what was expected and more.

St. Paul expressed his conviction in pursuing his mission for the Lord. "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Phil. 3:14" These are glimpses of what St. Paul went through for the sake of Christ, "Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; 1 Cor. 11:25" Whew! What an experience St. Paul had. I wasn't shipwrecked yet, well almost on a trip to the Visayas, but I have never been adrift at sea.

Lord, may we be reminded of the sacrifices of those who have gone before us whenever we are oppressed or persecuted. Many have been martyred because they have declared they are Christians. May their unshakable faith and conviction inspire us to be bold in proclaiming Your Name.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan