Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dance To God's Music

I went to the mall today with my wife and son. We continued the interrupted plan of last night's date, due to my emergency situation. There was an interesting feature in the mall, 'the dancing fountain.' The water spurted out in time with the music sequence. People who passed by would spend some time watching the display and feel a sense of delight. When we were there, the music was 'A Thousand Miles' by Vanessa Carlton, and the fountain was gleefully dancing to its tune.

Are we dancing to God's tune? Following God's will is more like listening to His song and us dancing to its tune. But if we can't hear the music, which is through prayer, it will be hard for us to know His timing. Let us then be attuned to His presence, so we may be guided by His directions and as His children be able ask what we need. "For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope. When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you (Jer.29:11-12).

1 comments:

Marj Duterte said...

this is so spot-on. speaks to my heart very much. thanks kirby! keep on writing. thank you for dancing to His music and being true to God's tune for your life. What is the OST (official soundtrack) for your life? God bless you and your family!

Post a Comment


 
Copyright 2009 God is Enough. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan